Wednesday 2 March 2016

The grey hair gene

Listening to the radio early this morning, I heard that scientists have discovered the gene that causes grey hair.  Wowee!  With all the other ills that befall us humans: cancer, ebola virus, motor neuron disease, it's a relief to know that some scientists somewhere have been keeping an eye on the things that really matter.  The world has been saved!  Sorry, just had to let off a bit of steam there...

We are already forbidden to age, or if we are old-ish, we try to disguise it as much as possible.  At least that is the popular theory.  Almost every advertisement for face cream comes with the promise that it will make us look younger and more beautiful.  I find that stepping back makes me look both slimmer and younger - stepping back from the mirror, that is.

I could do with losing a stone or two, my hair is white and has never properly grown back since my chemotheraphy some eight years ago, but you know what?  I enjoy life.  I laugh a lot.  I like people.  And I don't spend too long in front of the mirror.  A wise man once said that you should never believe you are unattractive because you never see your own face when it lights up with pleasure or when you smile at someone. 

So hats off to the scientists - so you can see there's no grey hair....


No comments:

Post a Comment