Sunday 22 December 2013

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

A big thank you to my blog readers.  I wish you all a wonderful time with family and friends and everything that's good in the New Year.

I will be spending Christmas with my daughter, son-in-law and my two grandsons and New Year with my son and his wife.  So I don't even have to bid a turkey the time of day!  It will be nice to be spoiled, to watch the glow on the face of my eldest grandchild when he sees the Christmas tree and all the colourfully wrapped presents and to ring in the New Year with sparkling wine at my son and daughter-in-law's house.

As a child I loved Christmas.  We always walked to midnight Mass and I remember how magical the countryside seemed bathed in the light of the stars.  Being Ireland I am sure we had more rain than stars but all I can remember are the frosty nights and the lights on in all the houses across the valley as people got ready for Mass. I loved being allowed to stay up so late!  And then the singing!  My favourite Christmas song of all time is Silent Night.  It was (and still is, no doubt) the closing carol sung at Midnight Mass in Germany and I think it is even more beautiful in its native (German) language.  I will be attending Midnight Mass on Tuesday and I hope my grandson will carry happy memories into the future of a wonderful service with candles and stars and hymns.

Before all that there is the long journey to be absolved - bus, train, bus again then airplane then being collected at the airport.  Snow is not forecast, it is scheduled to be very mild and windy.

I wish each and every one of you a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment