Saturday 19 January 2013

What makes me do it?

I finally plucked up enough courage to publish Spate of Violence as an e-book on Amazon Kindle.

It was hard work but a lot of fun writing this novel.  I must have revised it over a dozen times, tweaking a sentence here, adding a sentence there and deleting chunks of it which I thought didn't add to the story.  The good thing about an e-book is that you don't have to make it a certain length.  Nowadays a lot of publishers want what they call "blockbusters" - novels which are around 500 pages long.  eSpate of Violence would be around 220 pages as a printed novel.

So now my baby is out there, taking its first tottering steps in the e-book world.  I hope readers enjoy it because that is one of the reasons I wrote it. Writing what is in your heart is the only way to have fun.  I can't otherwise explain why I sit down every morning after breakfast to work on a novel that certainly won't make me rich or famous.  All I can say is that I get an enormous kick out of inventing a set of people who populate my head as if they were on TV.  I can seem them in my "mind's eye".  I grieve when they grieve and I laugh with them when they're happy.

Here are the links to my book>
USA
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B1B7DVQ
UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B1B7DVQ

For other countries just go to your Amazon site and add /dp/ and the book number above or simply type in my name Peggie Biessmann or the title Spate of Violence.
You can read the first few chapters to see if you like it (I hope you will).

Here's the cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment