Saturday 1 December 2012

The Next Big Thing - Tag

Janet Cameron, whose novel Cinnamon Toast and the End of the World will be published by Hachette in spring 2013, tagged me to answer the questions below on my current novel Spate of Violence which will be published as an e-book also in spring 2013.  See link to Janet's website under My Blog List.
So here goes:

Where did the idea come from for the book?
Driving home late one night I saw a gang of kids roaming the streets, intent on no good by all appearances, and I started thinking about these kids, their families and what would happen if someone tried to stop them.

What genre does your book fall under?
This is a difficult one to answer.  I guess it's a contemporary fiction novel.

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
I would like all roles to be played by unknown actors because I think that would suit the nature of the story.    

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
The Bartels move to the town of Bitterfeld when Sebastian lands a super job in nearby Frankfurt but his family are torn apart when he joins the local vigilantes whose avowed aim is to restore law and order to the city streets.

Will you be self-published or represented by an agency?
I plan on publishing Spate of Violence as an e-book.

How long did it take you to write the first draft?
It took me over a year.  I revise as I go, so I kept changing and editing scenes.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
My inspiration to write comes from every day experiences, conversations with strangers and a generally overactive imagination. 

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
Spate of Violence is the story of how a a family walks the tightrope between self defence and obeying the law. It also provides an insight into the world of the gangs. 


Normally I should now nominate at least one other writer but will have to do this at a later date.
 

1 comment: